Do you think chris paul wants to go to miami heat?

Postby fabiano » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:01 pm

what say you? can the heat engineer a sign and trade for chris bosh going to clips?
fabiano

Postby chul-moo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

I think he does wanna come but we don't need him.

If we're gonna trade Bosh, at least trade him for another big. We don't need another Point Guard, were good with Chalmees/Cole
chul-moo

Postby brookson » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:06 pm

What makes you think either team would ever consider this trade? Why would the Clippers give up the best point guard in the league and the player that turned their team around for a PF that's not even top 10, particularly when they already have Blake at the PF? and although paul is the better player, why would the heat make this trade? It would leave them with one of the smallest and least-talented frontcourts in the NBA, with virtually no cap room to improve it. Who would they be starting, Battier and Birdman? Haslem and Joel Anthony? That would just be atrocious.
brookson

Postby ashton » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:07 pm

What makes you think either team would ever consider this trade? Why would the Clippers give up the best point guard in the league and the player that turned their team around for a PF that's not even top 10, particularly when they already have Blake at the PF? and although paul is the better player, why would the heat make this trade? It would leave them with one of the smallest and least-talented frontcourts in the NBA, with virtually no cap room to improve it. Who would they be starting, Battier and Birdman? Haslem and Joel Anthony? That would just be atrocious.
I think Chris Paul wants to win championships but not as a 3rd banana to Wade and Lebron. He has his own team with Blake Griffin and a young nucleus of players like Deandre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe,etc. He will resign with the Clippers for the max and they will just bring in more role players to help the Clippers improve.
ashton

Postby mahieu18 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:10 pm

You know what they say, "You never trade big for small". The Heat need Bosh (just look at the second round last year against the Pacers). Bosh is more than willing to sacrifice stats to play with Bron and Wade. Chris Paul needs the ball in his hands to facilitate the offense (something LeBron and Wade already do). So in a sense they don't need Paul, but he'd make scoring for Wade and Bron oh so easy
mahieu18

Postby feiwel » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:28 pm

I don't think they have the cap room to do it. Paul wanted to go to LA but David Stern had a different plan. I think CP3 is going to remain a Clipper IMO.
feiwel

Postby grisham » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:30 pm

I don't think they have the cap room to do it. Paul wanted to go to LA but David Stern had a different plan. I think CP3 is going to remain a Clipper IMO.
idk what makes you think that. im pretty sure he dont wanna leave the clips. they just started having success. and he;s really tight with his teammates.
grisham

Postby ahndray » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:31 pm

good point
ahndray

Return to Chris Paul